POPI and PAIA Workshop: Are you compliant?
According to the South African Constitution, everyone has the right to privacy but at the same time the right to access any information that is held by by another person and that is required for the exercise or protection of any rights.
The Promotion of Access to Information Act (PAIA) gives effect to the right to access of information.
The Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI) gives affect to the right to privacy. The POPI Act regulates the processing, collection, storage and disclosure of confidential information with justifiable limitations.
Attend our workshop to learn the rules and legislations to implement into your practice.
- Introduction into POPI Act
- Purpose of the Act
- Functions of the Act
- Collection of Information
- Third Party Access
- Information Leak
- Consequences of Non-Compliance
- Introduction into PAIA Act
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- When can a request for information be refused
- Disclosure of Medical Information
- Legal Consequences
- Access to medical records by another Health Care Provider
- Application of PAIA legislation: Questions to Ask
- Accessing Information
Course Cost: R2500 (excluding VAT)
Course Duration: Morning Session| 9:30am - 2pm